John Vena, Inc.,
is a Sourcing and Sales Organization, founded in 1919. We are a fourth generation, family owned specialty fresh produce distributor, operating from the Philadelphia Wholesale Produce Market on Essington Ave. in Philadelphia, PA.
The mission of John Vena, Inc. is to provide its customers with the highest quality products and service available. Our philosophy can be summed up by the phrase Partners in Quality
, with the belief that we consider our customers not only those who buy from us, but those who supply us as well. John Vena, Inc. is looking for people who share similar philosophies and enthusiasm for success.
To supplement our current period of growth, John Vena, Inc. is currently seeking a Truck Driver (CDL Class A) who will be responsible for loading, unloading, and transporting product to and from destinations. He/she will verify order accuracy and keep written records regarding product, mileage, driver logs and fuel records.
The responsibilities and duties of the position include:
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Loading and unloading John Vena, Inc. products
- Transporting products to and from destinations
- Planning delivery schedules and routes to achieve most efficient and timely delivery of product
- Reviewing orders and ensuring that they are accurate and that quality is up to company standards
- Following all driver safety laws while maintaining a clean and safe truck at all times
- Assisting with product pickup and order consolidation for merchandize being shipped on the truck
- Assisting customers with any questions and/or concerns with their orders
- Maintaining operational logs
Education and/or Experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent time management planning skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to operate company trucks safely and efficiently
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- Valid CDL Class A level license with clean driving record
- At least two (2) years’ of previous experience
- Fresh produce knowledge preferred
In addition to a competitive salary we offer a superior benefits package, a 401k Plan, profit sharing, and bonus opportunities. We offer an exciting chance to work in an energized and progressive environment.