Converge HR Solutions is a boutique HR consulting and outsourcing firm. We provide HR consulting, outsourcing, and recruitment services to our clients.
We currently have a client who is seeking a Service Manager to manage daily activities of field and shop services. The Service Manager will provide direct supervision and leadership, including hiring, training, scheduling and oversight. They will also support field installation of company products by providing skilled and trained resources that match the scope of work to be completed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs and supervises field and shop staff, including, daily activities, training and education, performance evaluations, hiring/firing, timesheet approval and staff development.
- Develops and educates field and shop staff in electrical, hydraulic, mechanical skills as well as the operation of equipment.
- Coordinates all employee safety training, including OSHA/MSHA/DOT safe work practices.
- Responsible for facility maintenance, including; vehicle maintenance, company tool maintenance service and safety inspections, and equipment evaluation.
- Keeps track of profit & loss responsibility for field and shop.
- Creates yearly budget for the field and shop.
- Prepares quotes and estimates for installations, repairs, planned maintenance and equipment rebuilds.
- Assembles work orders/purchase orders and communicate to resources/vendors.
- Responsible to pursue and follow-up on leads within 24 hours.
- Follows up with customers after project completion to ensure satisfaction with work and product.
- Develops, implements, and maintains automated system to remind customers of service intervals for company installed and serviced equipment.
- Provide customer support for service calls, including proper paper work and documentation.
- Responsible for management of company's 24/7 Emergency Service Network
- Must be reachable 24/7 via company-provided cellular phone
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong leadership skills
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read blueprints and equipment manuals
- Knowledge of safe work practices and OSHA/DOT/MSHA regulations
- Ability to travel on ladders and man-lifts
- AutoCAD skills helpful
- Ability to establish priorities, handle multiple tasks, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems
- A current driver's license is required with a good driving record
- Ability to travel by car/airplane and stay overnight
- 8-10 years of successful management background