Saunders House, located in Wynnewood provides rehabilitative services, short-term and long-term care with emphasis on the physical and emotional well-being to its residents. The highly trained and professional staff members at Saunders House continually strives to enhance the lives of its residents through outstanding service and compassionate care provided within a safe, nurturing environment.
Saunders House is currently seeking a Unit Manager for their sub-acute short term rehab unit, to provide administrative and clinical supervision to the nursing staff. The Unit Manager communicates with other departments to ensure efficient operation of services. The Unit Manager utilizes the nursing process as the basis for nursing practice and integrates this into the interdisciplinary treatment team, plan of care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates and promotes excellent guest relations in all interaction with visitors, residents, family members, physicians, volunteers, vendors and/or other referral sources.
- Utilizes on-going professional and therapeutic approach to treatment with all residents.
- Coordinates Performance Improvement Activities for nursing, including maintaining written performance evaluations on unit nursing personnel.
- Assists in ensuring all unit personnel attend and participates in mandatory training programs and in-services.
- Continually develops and improves communication among all work shifts through direct shift contact, including working at least monthly for four consecutive hours on both the 3-11 shift and the 11-7 shift.
- Assures established policies and procedures are followed at all times and participates in additions and revisions to procedures.
- Conducts at least monthly meetings with staff, charge nurses and nursing assistants on each shift.
- Participates in Nursing On Call rotation.
- Participates in complaint/grievance resolution by completing requested investigative process and documenting findings and actions..
- Maintains on-going line of communication with Director of Nursing related to staff, resident and family issues.
- Collects, maintains, and develops reports regarding medication errors, implementing corrective action as necessary. Prepares monthly reports for committee and Director of Nursing.
- Develops preliminary and comprehensive assessments as well as written care plans.
- Identifies and documents nursing and/or medical problems with specific goals to be accomplished.
- Assures communication with appropriate staff. Assures nursing staff review/revise nursing care plans as necessary.
- Participates in the development of nursing care, new programs and innovations, which will enhance quality of service provided to residents.
- Ensures nursing services personnel are aware of and follow care plans with treatment plans providing daily nursing care to each resident on unit through observation and report from charge nurse.
- Communicates with resident families regarding the status of the treatment plan on an on-going basis.
- Participates in the timely completion of Medical Assistance Forms, ensuring appropriate physicians are notified of paperwork needing completion.
- Maintain professional licensure and certification with appropriate State, Federal and private organizations associated with clinical responsibilities.
- Education and/or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with on-going continuing education
- At least two (2) years’ experience in nursing required
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Licensure and registration by the Pennsylvania Board of Nurse Examiners as a Registered Nurse
- Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills