Philadelphia Truck Lines (PTL) is a family owned and operated company for over twenty-five (25) years, now servicing the entire nation. The company has allowed itself to progress through a solid customer base built on long standing relationships with its clients.
Philadelphia Truck Lines is currently looking from a Dispatcher who is responsible for the planning, scheduling and dispatching of our customer's freight. The key responsibilities of this function are to provide exceptional support to our drivers, be quick to respond to questions and troubleshooting concerns and to pro-actively monitor the movement of freight to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Completes administrative tasks such as filing, data entry, and generating reports.
- Organizes orders by editing and reviewing for price, accuracy and weight compliance.
- Ships items by examining items, destination, route, rate, delivery time, ordering carriers.
- Prepares, files, and records customer requests, services performed, dispatch information, etc.
- Determines response needed to effectively and appropriately deal with emergencies, breakdowns, or accidents.
- Schedules drivers according to work requirements.
- Serves as a contact person for all drivers within route territories and inform them about traffic problems such as constructive areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and any other hazards.
- Identifies best itinerary based on knowledge of routes.
- Replaces damaged items, shortages, and miss-shipments by determining optimal response of replacement or credit.
- Manage customer and driver expectations to align with operational capabilities.
- Monitor performance and available hours of Fleet Drivers.
- Keeps customers informed by forwarding notice of availability, shipment date and method, and current status, answering questions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Dispatcher experience of 3 years
- Knowledge of DOT/Federal Motor Carrier rules and regulations
- Clean DMV & drug screen required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Word
- Knowledge of local and regional geographic areas
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent organization, planning, and prioritization skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
Philadelphia Truck Lines offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package with an excellent working environment. Benefits include medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, and 401(k) plan.