We currently have a client who is seeking a Terminal Manager in Philadelphia. The Terminal Manager will facilitate pick-ups, rates, and other details with customers. As well as ensuring a positive customer experience by providing timely updates on the status of customer orders in a professional manner.
- Processes Ocean Inbound/Outbound shipments from pre-alert to delivery.
- Prepares, analyzes and/or submits ocean import documentation to the appropriate parties & U.S. Customs, agents, clients) to ensure they are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations relating to customs and transportation.
- Ensure that invoicing and vendor payments are accurate and resolves billing issues as needed.
- Complete accurate data input into operating system to ensure service metrics are met.
- Executes ocean import arrival notices for U.S. Customs entry process.
- Tracks arrival of ocean import cargo inclusive of dispatch of freight.
- Communicates with steamship lines, airlines, vendors, customers, and agents.
- Gathers necessary information to prepare quote and provide rates and transit options to customers and/or agents.
- Follows appropriate work instructions or checklist to create consistency and minimize errors.
- Anticipates, identifies and resolves problems which could delay the timely release or movement of freight.
- Schedules pick-ups, issues pick-up instructions, provides status updates; solves pick-up problems by working with vendors, customers, and agents.
- Provides customers with the highest quality service and shipment processing to ensure timely movement and release of ocean inbound cargo.
- Responds to complaints; demonstrates effort to seek help from management when needed.
- Communicates with customers to provide updates and resolves issues.
- Maintains relationships with correspondent with other service providers to ensure that agents exceed the customers’ service requirements.
- Assigns responsibilities to employees; enforces compliance policies.
- High school diploma/GED
- 3-5 years of work/field experience preferred
- 1-3 years of management experience
- Knowledge of ocean, rail movement and transit times a must
- Knowledge of shipment terms, master and house bills of lading, custom forms and delivery process
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong Customer Services skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Customs regulations and other federal regulations and requirements with respect to specific area of expertise as applicable depending on functional department
- Basic math skills for conversions to metric and currency evaluations