John Vena, Inc.,
is a Sourcing and Sales Organization, founded in 1919. We are a fourth generation, family owned specialty fresh produce distributor, operating from the Philadelphia Wholesale Produce Market on Essington Ave. in Philadelphia, PA.
To supplement our current period of growth, John Vena, Inc. is currently seeking a Packing House Sanitation Assistant. The position is responsible for supporting the overall cleanliness of the packing house, packing equipment, tools, and utensils. He/she will report to the Food Safety & QA Manager for tasks and assignments in order to achieve cleanliness goals and standards. The Packing House Sanitation Assistant will perform duties to support the Food Safety program with internal and external audits. These tasks may include but may not be limited to overall facility sanitation, equipment cleaning (surface cleaning as well as dismantling equipment and power washing), record keeping, etc.
The responsibilities and duties of the position include:
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Completes and logs cleaning tasks daily, including: trash removal, restocking, clean and sanitize tools, utensils, tables, and all equipment, clean floor with the scrubber, clean lunchroom, sweep, and mop steps.
- Completes and logs weekly cleaning tasks: clean and power wash machine parts and put back together; clean, power wash, and sanitize carts, tables, trash bins, brooms, and dust pans; clean drains.
- Completes and logs quarterly and bi-annually cleaning tasks, including: cleaning overhead lights, doors and facility perimeter cleaning.
- Reports and records any maintenance issues.
Education and/or Experience:
- Ability to work independently
- Strong basic math skills
- Ability to multitask
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, preferred
- Previous sanitation experience preferred
- Warehouse experience preferred
Hours are 10pm-6am