AES – Advanced Equipment Sales – is your source for innovative, economical and sustainable recycling equipment and systems for waste paper, plastics, metals, glass, films and dusts, and most any other material that can be recycled. We take pride in helping our customers achieve a greater level of safety, sustainability and profitability through the efficient handling of their recyclable materials.
We are looking for a Field Service Technician who will install and troubleshoot by-product handling systems in the field and at the shop. This person will be successful in educating training customers to provide a level of confidence with AES's daily maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment. This position is highly visible with the customer and requires professional conduct at all times.
WE PAY FOR TRAVEL – AES PAYS TRAVEL TO AND FROM THE JOB SITE
Duties and Responsibilities
- Start up and fine-tune field installed equipment to meet AES and Customer goals.
- Educate and train customer on equipment.
- Communicate with OEM to obtain information on equipment.
- Trouble-shoot, hydraulic/electric/mechanical on field installed equipment.
- Compiles job related information in an efficient manner.
- Maintain vehicle inventories including tools and parts.
- Responsible to answer customer service questions/concerns.
- Responsible to wear mobile phone 24/7 and respond to communications.
- Responsible for emergency service on a 24/7 basis and respond to AES emergency notification system.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Communications skills, paperwork, verbal and record keeping
- Hands on experience required
- Self starter
- Knowledge of reading blueprints and equipment manuals.
- Own hand tools & box.
- Welding skills (arc/mig), assembly, electrical, and hydraulic.
- Knowledge of PLC's.
- Rigging, Forklift/Scissor lift equipment operation.
- Ability to travel on ladders and man-lifts to work at elevated heights.
- Skill to use a personal/laptop computer with Microsoft Windows.
- Ability to establish priorities, works independently, and proceeds with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
- A current driver's license is required with a good driving record.
- Successful DOT physical with medical certification
- Ability to travel by car/airplane and stay overnight, room may be shared with other employees.
- Overtime work as required on a daily basis if needed. Weekend overtime Sat/Sun as required.
- Three to five years experience