AscellaHealth is an innovative Pharmacy Benefit Management Company that focuses on providing custom and tailored pharmacy benefit management service to its clients. AscellaHealth provides dynamic management services for specialty pharmaceuticals and robust clinical programs – all of which focus on improving the care and outcomes of patients living with complex conditions.
We are experiencing tremendous growth and are seeking a Specialty Pharmacy Technician
looking for a challenging position to be responsible for reviewing and approving physician inquires for pre-authorization and medical necessity requests. The candidate for this position must be a certified Pharmacy Technician. This role will have the opportunity to contribute during this exciting time with opportunity for advancement.in the future.
- Responsible for receiving prior authorization requests via telephone while utilizing multiple systems to confirm accuracy of the information being provided.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data entry of prior authorization requests to meet all client-specific and/or contract requirements.
- Works within the Operations department and across departments to obtain required information for completion of tasks.
- Generates reports and complies with request for data.
- Applies established pharmacy/clinical guidelines in decision-making.
- Maintains a balance of productivity, quality and timeliness of job accountability.
- Creates and supports an environment which fosters teamwork, cooperation, respect and diversity.
- Establishes and maintains positive communication and professional demeanor with internal and external business partners.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years’ experience as Pharmacy Technician
- Prior experience with pharmacy claims processing systems
- Prior PBM experience preferred
- Fluent in Office Suite Products: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to analyze, adapt, & create resolutions to problematic situations
- Excellent communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail and follow-through
- Good natured with a friendly and professional demeanor
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with multiple tasks and changing priorities