A fourth-generation, family-owned specialty fresh produce distributor, operating from the Philadelphia Wholesale Produce Market on Essington Ave is seeking Packers for their expanding team. The ideal candidate will possess 1-3 years warehouse or produce business experience.
Responsibilities of the Requirements of the Packer
Requirements of the Packer
- Packs/re-packs products for sale on a daily basis.
- Prepares goods for shipment.
- Maintain records and order information on packages.
- Inspect containers, materials, and products in order to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- Complies with food safety and cleanliness requirements.
- Assists with maintaining a clean packing environment at John Vena Inc.
- Helps with the general cleaning and housekeeping for John Vena Inc.
- Reports all concerns with packing, product quality, inventory, and safety.
- Meets personal and team quota goals.
Compensation for the Packer
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- 1-3 years warehouse or produce business experience required
- Ability to work independently
- Strong basic math skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment
- Full-time Salary: $10.35 /hour