John Vena Inc. (JVI) is currently seeking Selectors
to join our accomplished Operations team. JVI’s team of Selectors are responsible for supporting product handling activities across our line of hundreds of specialty fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Duties can include order fulfillment, loading, unloading, lot rotation, and assistance with inventory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately pick produce orders from tickets and bills of lading
- Properly handles product to maintain quality
- Provides timely and courteous delivery to customer vehicles
- Alerts the sales and buying teams to quality issues or other unexpected concerns
- Maintains tidiness of all products and packages in the coolers
- Monitors facilities and equipment, including performance of refrigeration systems in assigned coolers
- There are multiple shifts available including: 4am to 12pm & 7am to 3pm.
Skills & Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) to three (3) years warehouse or produce business experience required
- Ability to read and write English
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well on a team
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong basic math skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 LBS
- Understanding of proper perishable product handling
- Knowledge of the operation of warehouse equipment and machines
- Basic knowledge of warehouse procedures
This is a Union Position
. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer comprehensive health and retirement benefits according to our Union Contract. We offer exciting opportunities to take ownership of one's own work in a fast-paced environment focused on quality.