The Packing House Sanitation Assistant position is responsible for supporting the overall cleanliness of the packing house, packing equipment, tools, and utensils. He/she/they will report to the Food Safety & QA Manager for tasks and assignments in order to achieve cleanliness goals and standards. The Packing House Sanitation Assistant will perform duties to support the Food Safety program with internal and external audits. These tasks may include but may not be limited to overall facility sanitation, equipment cleaning (surface cleaning as well as dismantling equipment and power washing), record keeping, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
- Completes cleaning tasks in F6 that are logged daily, not limited to, but including: trash removal, restocking, cleaning and sanitizing tools, utensils, tables, and all equipment, cleans floor with the scrubber, cleans lunchroom, sweeps, and mops steps.
- Completes cleaning tasks in F6 that are logged weekly: bean machines (2)-dismantle belts from conveyor- cleans and power washes all parts and put back together; scallion machines (2)- dismantles machine to clean inner belts and parts; conveyor belts (3)- dismantles belt, cleans and power washes belts and puts back together; cleans & sanitizes garlic machine; cleans, power washes, and sanitizes carts, tables, trash bins, brooms, and dust pans; cleans drains.
- Completes cleaning tasks in F6 that are logged quarterly and bi-annually: cleans overhead lights, cleans roll up doors, cleans racks and rollers, paints columns in front of roll up doors; conducts perimeter cleaning of packing house.
- Reports and records any maintenance issues in packing house.
- Performs all tasks and duties in an efficient and safe manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as necessary. Remains flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work assignments as defined by departmental and organizational needs.
- Represents John Vena, Inc. in a manner that conveys professionalism, confidentiality, courtesy, fairness, personal integrity, and respect for others.
Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, preferred
- Previous sanitation experience preferred
- Warehouse experience preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Strong basic math skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work 3rd shift (10pm to 6am)